The Service Coordinator for Port City Industrial is responsible for managing the flow of activities for service field crews. This position requires a customer-focused mindset and the ability to be on the phone for long periods of time while being able to multitask other priorities for the day. This includes monitoring the daily schedule and adjusting the schedule as needed to complete the expected and upcoming work in the short term. This individual will also handle all inbound emergency service calls and other job site-related calls before forwarding them to the correct team member. They will collaborate with service managers, service and installation technicians, sales representatives, customers, and others to help get work scheduled and completed as seamlessly as possible.
This is a fast-paced and demanding role with high visibility within the company.
The position reports to and assists the Service Manager.
Service Coordinator Duties & Responsibilities
Schedule all field projects for upcoming jobs after communication and collaboration with various internal and external personnel and emails or calls from customers.
Procure and monitor lead times for any parts needed to complete field repairs.
Review upcoming schedules and work with the warehouse crew to make sure any needed products or supplies are ready at minimum the day before for repairs.
Ensure field crews have an appropriate amount of work that can be executed and communicate to the supervisor any performance in the field that is irregular.
Monitor performance of the field for management reports, including productivity, utilization, overtime, travel time, and other key resource metrics.
Allocate field activities to field crews, including travel time, emergency work, and various equipment rentals for when the crews are working.
Communicate with customers on scheduling times and update with on the way and completion statuses.
Manage real-time adjustments to crew schedules due to resource changes or business conditions should they change during the day.
Facilitate follow-up calls to customers to ensure service or installation meets or exceeds the standards set forth by the company.
Assist Service and Installation Technicians with managing and counting truck inventory.
Service Coordinator Skills and Qualifications
A successful Service Coordinator will have strong organizational and communication skills, with attention to detail for managing incoming repair or installation requests.
They should have knowledge of scheduling software and basic computer skills.
An understanding of basic construction and repair terminology is a plus to effectively communicating with clients and adequately scheduling, but some skills may be learned on the job.
The Service Coordinator should have the skills and qualifications below:
High school diplomaExcellent communication and organizational skills
Knowledge of basic construction terminology
Experience with cloud-based software
Experience with Microsoft Suite of ServicesPrior experience in a customer-facing role
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to join our fast growing material handling company. We believe in the dignity of hard work and hope to empower our team members to create a better life for themselves and their community. Do you like to show up early and stay late when necessary (while earning time + half ) to get the job done? Do you have a "make it happen" attitude? Do you want to work in a family environment that wants to see you and yours succeed? Do you have a clean MVR and clean drug screen? If this sounds like a good fit for you, please review the job duties below and send us an application.
* Prior experience with installation and service of commercial overhead doors a plus
*Stick welding ( no certs required)
* Mechanical Skills
* Loading Dock Repair/Installation
* Conveyor System Knowledge
* Industrial Maintenance Experience a +
* Competitive Hourly wage DOE
* Opportunity for Overtime/Time+1/2
* BCBS Health Insurance
*100% Employer Sponsored Dental
*Paid Time Off
*Extensive Paid Holidays
*Bonus + Incentive Programs
*Uniforms + Laundry Service
Visit our web site to learn more about us and to submit your application.
Material Handling Outside Sales Representative - Biloxi/Gulfport
Port City Industrial is a full-service material handling dealership selling top-quality new and used warehouse equipment. We offer a full line of the industry’s leading brands of equipment including overhead doors, loading dock equipment, pallet racking systems, modular offices, warehouse fans, conveyors and packaging materials. We offer sales, service and installation of all products sold. We are the only supplier of used pallet racking on the Gulf Coast. Due to our outstanding growth, it is time to add to our Sales Team.
Material Handling Outside Sales Representative
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for increasing the sales and gross profit of new, used and other support services available from Port City Industrial for his/her assigned territory. This includes the complete sales process from identifying new business, qualifying customer needs, closing the sale and overseeing the installation.
- Generate new business opportunities from traditional prospecting activities: referrals, cold calling, email campaigns, social media, etc.
- Follow-up on all customer leads from external and internal sources
- Obtain, maintain and optimize customer relations through planned and regular sales visits and communications
- Provide consultative sales approach with design-based quotations obtained from working relationship with vendor reps.
- Assist the customer with demos, application surveys and changeover needs on products
- Initiate, maintain, manage and process quotations and orders
- Resolve any customer issues, problems or complaints to satisfy the customer
- Support account terms and assist in account collection if required
- Enhance vendor relations by supporting programs and working with their representatives
- Communicate regularly with inside sales personnel and management
- Attend and participate in all sales or company meetings and company-sponsored training sessions for enhancing selling skills and technical knowledge
- Use of Method (Customer Relationship Management tool) in compliance with current company policies to maintain customer information files and notes within the CRM system.
- Present a professional image in personal appearance, dress and preparation
- Education: a minimum of Associates degree in a business or industrial-related field.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Experience: minimum of 5 years experience in industrial sales with experience in material handling sales preferred
- Ability to organize a selling plan and exhibit time management skills
- Competency in time and territory management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills – Displays honesty, ethics and integrity at all time
- A quick learner, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Driven by performance metrics and accountable for results.
- Proficient computer skills
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and dependable vehicle
Location: We are looking for Sales representatives to cover the Panhandle of Florida, preferably from Pensacola, FL. Qualified candidates must live within the territory.
Compensation: This is a straight commission, six figure-plus opportunity that includes an initial non-accountable draw, car allowance and company-paid insurance for employee.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as long as you meet the job requirements.