Port City Industrial is a full-service material handling dealership selling top-quality new and used warehouse equipment. We offer a full line of the industry’s leading brands of equipment including overhead doors, loading dock equipment, pallet racking systems, modular offices, warehouse fans, conveyors and packaging materials. We offer sales, service and installation of all products sold. We are the only supplier of used pallet racking on the Gulf Coast. Due to our outstanding growth, it is time to add to our Sales Team.
Material Handling Outside Sales Representative
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for increasing the sales and gross profit of new, used and other support services available from Port City Industrial for his/her assigned territory. This includes the complete sales process from identifying new business, qualifying customer needs, closing the sale and overseeing the installation.
- Generate new business opportunities from traditional prospecting activities: referrals, cold calling, email campaigns, social media, etc.
- Follow-up on all customer leads from external and internal sources
- Obtain, maintain and optimize customer relations through planned and regular sales visits and communications
- Provide consultative sales approach with design-based quotations obtained from working relationship with vendor reps.
- Assist the customer with demos, application surveys and changeover needs on products
- Initiate, maintain, manage and process quotations and orders
- Resolve any customer issues, problems or complaints to satisfy the customer
- Support account terms and assist in account collection if required
- Enhance vendor relations by supporting programs and working with their representatives
- Communicate regularly with inside sales personnel and management
- Attend and participate in all sales or company meetings and company-sponsored training sessions for enhancing selling skills and technical knowledge
- Use of Method (Customer Relationship Management tool) in compliance with current company policies to maintain customer information files and notes within the CRM system.
- Present a professional image in personal appearance, dress and preparation
- Education: a minimum of Associates degree in a business or industrial-related field.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Experience: minimum of 5 years experience in industrial sales with experience in material handling sales preferred
- Ability to organize a selling plan and exhibit time management skills
- Competency in time and territory management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills – Displays honesty, ethics and integrity at all time
- A quick learner, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Driven by performance metrics and accountable for results.
- Proficient computer skills
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and dependable vehicle
Location: We are looking for Sales representatives to cover the Panhandle of Florida, preferably from Pensacola, FL. Qualified candidates must live within the territory.
Compensation: This is a straight commission, six figure-plus opportunity that includes an initial non-accountable draw, car allowance and company-paid insurance for employee.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as long as you meet the job requirements.